Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shabby Fabrics Kits >

Shabby Fabrics Kits

Shabby Fabrics Kits

Old 10-19-2018, 04:36 AM

Default Shabby Fabrics Kits

I see a lot of Shabby Fabrics kits that I really like, but have never bought from them. For those who have bought were you happy with your purchases? Do you recommend? Did you think they were expensive or is that how kits are.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2018, 07:40 AM

I have often ordered from Shabby Fabrics, but never a kit, and I don't tend to look much at kits so can't comment on the pricing. I think their pricing on yardage is similar to other larger on-line sellers. It's a nice website and easy to use, and I've never had a problem with an order.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:26 PM

I have purchased fabric and kits. Nice people to work with and I liked my kits.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:43 AM

I love their laser cut kits, have made several door hangings, and currently have a quilt kit to make. I'd say the price is fair for what you get. Shipping is fast and customer service is wonderful if you should need it. She also has some great tutorials on how to make the laser cut kits. Watch for their sales near Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sign up for their emails and they will keep you posted on sales and new products.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Are Shabby Fabrics and Fat Quarter Shop run by the same people? For some reason I think they are. I've never ordered from Shabby but have from Fat Quarter Shop and am always happy with them.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:52 AM

No, they are not run by the same people. Jennifer, of Shabby Fabrics, was a commercial airline pilot, until 9/11 when many pilots got furloughed. So she decided to start a little business in her basement. It has grown to a sizable business.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:56 AM

Shabby Fabrics is in Coeur d Alene, ID. Fat Quarter Shop is in Buda, TX.

bkay
Old 10-20-2018, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Are Shabby Fabrics and Fat Quarter Shop run by the same people? For some reason I think they are. I've never ordered from Shabby but have from Fat Quarter Shop and am always happy with them.
The two owners are both blonde and soft spoken, so if you've watched a Shabby Fabrics tutorial and a Fat Quarter Shop tutorial, it would be easy to confuse one with the other.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:44 PM

Joan, I have bought from Shabby Fabrics recently. I was pleased with the purchase and would recommend them. I think they are a little high but I also think all kits are high. I purchased the Birthday streamer and a few other things that go with the birthday theme. I also bought a pattern book that I liked. I would recommend them to anyone. They have been very helpful. Thank you, Suzanne (aka dixiechic) I am in Wyoming and Shabby Fabrics is in Idaho.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
The two owners are both blonde and soft spoken, so if you've watched a Shabby Fabrics tutorial and a Fat Quarter Shop tutorial, it would be easy to confuse one with the other.
I think I was mixed up! Thanks for the info. I love Jennifer's tutorials.