Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Share your Quilting Tips with us

when I start a new pattern/project I make myself a cheat sheet (on an index card). with colors and sizes and block numbers....of everything I need to cut..
    Easier to follow some times than the complex pattern where everything is on a different page....

DeborahLees comment .... when I start a new pattern/project I .... made me think of this ................

When I start a new project, I set all the fabric aside for that project and do not use any of it for anything else, until I know the project is totally done. Not even a smidgeon of it. That way I have no regrets later should I shift gears and want to vary from the pattern a wee bit, extend a border .... or do a coordinating item. Sometimes it's annoying though, as right now I am tempted to dig into some fabric I have in my Basket WIP, but keep saying noooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    DeborahLees comment .... when I start a new pattern/project I .... made me think of this ................

When I start a new project, I set all the fabric aside for that project and do not use any of it for anything else, until I know the project is totally done. Not even a smidgeon of it. That way I have not regrets later should I shift gears and want to vary from the pattern a wee bit, extend a border .... or do a coordinating item. Sometimes it's annoying though, as right now I am tempted to dig into some fabric I have in my Basket WIP, but keeping saying noooooo!
    good idea !!!!

Don't know how great of a tip this is, but since I usually have a few projects going at once, odd how they all finish around the same time, I keep them in gift bags with everything I need, the pattern, pieces, the tread I'm using, backing if I have it, and any special quilting pattern sheets. Then I have a seperate basket with needles, extra thread and bobbins, scissors, thimble, chalk, anything that I need. Then when I want to work on something, I just grab the bag and the basket and I know I'll have everything I need!

Blog Entries
    great tip to use the gift bags that way everyone is all in one place

I used the zipper bags that sheets comes in

Quote Originally Posted by sarahrachel
    Don't know how great of a tip this is, but since I usually have a few projects going at once, odd how they all finish around the same time, I keep them in gift bags with everything I need, the pattern, pieces, the tread I'm using, backing if I have it, and any special quilting pattern sheets. Then I have a seperate basket with needles, extra thread and bobbins, scissors, thimble, chalk, anything that I need. Then when I want to work on something, I just grab the bag and the basket and I know I'll have everything I need!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2