Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharon Schamber method for sandwiching?

Quote Originally Posted by janceejan View Post
    I did my first sandwich last night with the boards and hand basting. It does make it smooth. Haven't tried it with the spray yet. I am thinking about using pinmoors and pins next one. It took me forever....2 hours...to baste it. Been a while since I basted, and I was trying so hard to do it right.
    What size quilt are you making and how long did the boards have to be?

Quote Originally Posted by granny_59 View Post
    Hi Diane

I always use Sharon`s method and use 505 to spray baste. I only made a small adjustment as this works out better for me and big quilts.
    First I roll the back on one board and the batting on the other and spray baste it together with her method. After that I control and roll the back with the batting back on a board and the top on the other one and finish it her way.
    At first I used the same method as with her handbasting, but folding the batting back and forth was very uncomfortable and not as accurate as doing it in two steps.
    Hope this helps
    Granny

Thanks! Just the info I wanted to hear!!

Blog Entries
    Can Sharon's video for hand basting be used to spray baste? It seems that using the boards you have more control of the fabric. Has anyone tried this? Thanks for any and all suggestions!!
    Happy Holidays to all
    quilter711
    Nancy

Blog Entries
    I've used spray basting for small projects and a lap quilt, and had no problems with it.
    Retired & enjoying life

I will spray baste a small project but prefer Sharons uber big herringbone baste stitch with a big needle and hand quilting thread,

I've never spray basted, but would love to...just worried about it somehow messing up my machine. I know with the BSR, I've heard it's not a good idea.
    Some things have to be believed to be seen. -Ralph Hodgson-

I spray baste lapsize quilts and smaller. Haven't tried larger ones.

Blog Entries
    I only spray baste. Just be careful where you do the spraying. Laid the first on on the living room carpet and never could get that stuff out. Made big dark lines when walked on. Could not figure out what it was for awhile.Otherwise I love the spray.

I only spray baste on small projects. Once I used too much, won't do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter711 View Post
    Can Sharon's video for hand basting be used to spray baste? It seems that using the boards you have more control of the fabric. Has anyone tried this? Thanks for any and all suggestions!!
    Happy Holidays to all
    I use Sharon's basting method with the boards and spray baste as I go instead of hand basting. Easy! I do use only 505 spray baste having tried a variety of other products and find this one is the best for me. A light spray is all that is needed and I do pin along the border edges to avoid over spray. I used to do the hand basting only and the spray is so much faster and lasts until I am finished quilting.
    Keep smiling and laugh a lot...it makes our burdens lighter.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast