Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: She has arrived!!!!

She has arrived!!!!

My machine arrived last night. I got her set up on the frame and that's about it......lol
    I was so tired yesterday from cleaning the house and dismantling Kola's bed......haha
    We had two guys here doing some concrete work and one of them took the bed home for his kid.

Even though the mattress is in great shape, Goodwill won't take it and it would have been a total waste to send it to the landfill.

Anyways........Back to the machine. Set up was easy I have her threaded and the bobbin case installed. I put the handle on, it has a speed control dial, very primitive but it's what I wanted. Less parts to break down and crash like the computer models. They packed it very well, rigid insulation and the machine was attached to plywood cut outs for stability while being shipped.

Perhaps tomorrow I can load up a practice quilt (aka muslin ) and practice my meandering stitches. I have 2 and 1/2 quilts ready for the frame. The 1/2 one is still on the design wall waiting to be finished.

The last picture is Kola wondering where her bed is. I replaced it with a chair and her sleepy spot from the study.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Have fun with your new machine! It all looks nice in the space. Kola looks like she might need a new bed - samller of course.

Congrats! I surely can tell that you are very excited. A Bailey's is on my bucket list. Please post how easy it is to use.
    KnitnNan

So happy for you! Have fun

Blog Entries
    Love your new machine. Don't worry about Kola, she'll adjust. Have fun quilting.

How wonderful!! I have been looking at these machines, and am wondering: which frame did you get?
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

I am so happy for you. Now you can have fun and play. Happy quilting.

CONGRATS!! I like my Bailey! Only wish I would have paired it up with the wooden frame, as you did. The Grace Start Right frame seems to have to many plastic parts that tend to break. Have fun with your Bailey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter View Post
    How wonderful!! I have been looking at these machines, and am wondering: which frame did you get?
    I bought the frame off of CL a few months ago. It is this one....
    http://www.hinterberg.com/stretchframe.aspx#quiltmotion
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
    CONGRATS!! I like my Bailey! Only wish I would have paired it up with the wooden frame, as you did. The Grace Start Right frame seems to have to many plastic parts that tend to break. Have fun with your Bailey!!!
    I like the wood frame, so does Kola. I think she will eventually discover it makes a good scratching post....lol
    Then I will have to wrap it in foil.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast