Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
She told me she'll have solid black cotton back in stock >

She told me she'll have solid black cotton back in stock

She told me she'll have solid black cotton back in stock

Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
Funny enough - none of my 3 fairly local shops carry solids, except for 30's.
I know the one I frequent the most only carried white and black when she has it in it sells fast. I want other solids so I usually find online. But found another shop she carries some kona solids but not a huge range but she at least carries 1 grey color. And Joanns some times does not have the solids in the colors I need.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I went to get some solid black cotton yesterday from a local store--the only local one that sells cotton fabric, that I've found.

She was out of it. I asked the owner (she was the one waiting on me) when she'd get it back in. I told her I could wait--I have plenty of projects and can just work on something else in the meantime. She called the person who delivers to her, apparently, and said he'd be out around the 9-11th of Sept. OK, I said...I can wait.

Those of you who have fabric stores around abundantly--any type--JoAnn, Walmart, etc. just be thankful. This is my "local fabric shop". She only carries one type of solid black, btw, so it's not like I can change types.

I am not complaining or hinting that I want anyone here to send me any--I don't.

I just want YOU to be thankful for what you have in the states. I'm thankful the owner was in and she knows I want black, so she will be sure to get some in!
Of course you're not hinting for anyone to send you fabric, but you do know you've joined a sisterhood where we'd share our last scrap if you needed it. And I suspect if you ever really did need a piece of this or that, you would be inundated lovingly. A nudge towards gratitude is always welcome. There is so much to be grateful for everyday! And please do send us pics of your shop and maybe some of the quilts you've made?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:59 AM

I think every day we need to count our blessings. We need to remember not everywhere is like it is here in the USA. I think we need to be thankful where we live and also what we have. Expecially GOD.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 PM

I don't have really good fabric stores near me either. I have found that searching on the computer and ordering online gets me just about everything I could ever want. Some sites let you return fabric, even after it has been specially cut to for you. Try Hancocks-Paducah.com, I have returned to them with no problem.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 PM

Favorite black solids are P & B, Kona Bay, or black sateen (from Kaufman, FabriQuilt, or Moda). Also like black batik from Benartex. Check it out!
I don't use Kona solids, loose thread count and ravels too much, gets holes when need to rip a seam.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM

I'm very grateful for the wide variety of quilting cottons that are available to me. I used to live in a little town in South Carolina,USA that had one quilt store and nothing else for 70 miles. I've been quilting for 25 years.

I have 2 Pfaffs, a 1222E and model 60 treadle. I collect older machines, I have Singer treadles and some other vintage Singer electric machines; none of my Singers are newer than 1974. My one new machine is a Viking Sapphire 875 that I use to machine quilt with.