Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: She told me she'll have solid black cotton back in stock

She told me she'll have solid black cotton back in stock

I went to get some solid black cotton yesterday from a local store--the only local one that sells cotton fabric, that I've found.

She was out of it. I asked the owner (she was the one waiting on me) when she'd get it back in. I told her I could wait--I have plenty of projects and can just work on something else in the meantime. She called the person who delivers to her, apparently, and said he'd be out around the 9-11th of Sept. OK, I said...I can wait.

Those of you who have fabric stores around abundantly--any type--JoAnn, Walmart, etc. just be thankful. This is my "local fabric shop". She only carries one type of solid black, btw, so it's not like I can change types.

I am not complaining or hinting that I want anyone here to send me any--I don't.

I just want YOU to be thankful for what you have in the states. I'm thankful the owner was in and she knows I want black, so she will be sure to get some in!

thank you for supporting her and not going all internet shopping all the time!

the owner of my lqs is a prig and her husband is worse. it's on it's way to becoming a knitting shop and i really cannot say i'm too sad about that turn of events...

aileen

Thank you for the reminder of how fortunate we in the States really are. It is easy to forget. I am glad that you will have your fabric.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

This is one thing that keeps me enjoying living in a bigger city (1 million). We have almost too many choices and sometimes are not thankful for what we have.

I also enjoy the variety of garage sales and auctions found in the city.

Banned
    Funny enough - none of my 3 fairly local shops carry solids, except for 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    Funny enough - none of my 3 fairly local shops carry solids, except for 30's.
    OOOH...That's terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    This is one thing that keeps me enjoying living in a bigger city (1 million). We have almost too many choices and sometimes are not thankful for what we have.

I also enjoy the variety of garage sales and auctions found in the city.
    I am on the outskirts of Warsaw, which has about 2 million. But....fabric is simply not available like it is in the states. Esp. cotton--mostly they sell rayons or polyesters for dressy dresses.

We in this country are so spoiled at having everything at our finger tips we sometimes forget to count our blessings. We are blessed.

Yes, we can count our blessings here in the States when it comes to fabric choices. That's why I don't like it when many of "us" knock Walmart or Joanns or any other fabric store. I shop where I want be it in person or online.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Are there a lot of quilters, and which sewing machines are most popular?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast