Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shipping Quilts? >

Shipping Quilts?

Shipping Quilts?

Old 08-25-2012, 04:34 AM

I was told at the post office that if something happens, you'll have to show receipts for everything you purchased to make the item and your time is not even considered. The only time you would get what it's worth is if you had it appraised and can show that paperwork. I send UPS with the tracking, but don't bother with insurance because I use a lot of scraps and couldn't supply receipts.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 AM

Once a order was lost by UPS and some man showed up at the door and grilled me until I was well-cooked, searched the property and then did the same to my neighbors, made me sign papers and never heard from him again but the order was replaced. I was upset and angry that he acted like I or the neighbors stole it because the log showed it was delivered.

~~~~~~~
My fairly recent order from Craftsy is still wandering around the states. The order was handled by UPS and the post office and all they did was point the finger at each other and I spent an wasteful afternoon driving around, and gas for nothing.
I told Craftsy enough is enough when they wanted me to wait week after week before giving me a credit because they would loose money on re-mailing it once it found it's way back to the warehouse. It never did find it's way back and I got my refund. Last I knew Craftsy was still tracking it.

It takes a long time to get over it when something is lost in the mail.