Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Shocking comment

A friend of mine was going to make a Double Wedding Ring quilt with white on white fabric. I was concerned you wouldn't seen all the work let alone the pattern design - not sure it ever got finished. She moved away - I will need to ask. But she was one to always finish everything she started. She was the only person I knew that would buy a kit at a quilt shop or show and actually go home and make it the same day..

The beauty of all-white quilts, whole cloth or pieced, is in the quilting, IMHO. Her son is appropriately appreciative.

I had to chuckle because my teen son would have said the same thing. I just think men don't know what they should say and try to be positive with something. I bet it is beautiful.
    Lisa Gibbs

There are whole cloth quilts, which are all one color - many of them white.

Blog Entries
    I probably would have liked it also as I've seen others that were also made with all very light neutrals which I also thought was beautiful. All white can be quite beautiful as your friend's son expressed. Color is nice and can bring out a quilt design, but white is beautiful too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6