Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SHOOT, my mitered corners on my sashing are not right.

Thank you, thank you so much. I know this was one my my problems not sure where to stop. This was a huge help for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    On mitered corners it is important to stop sewing exactly at the 1/4 inch from the corner mark. This allow you to fold the main body of the block or quilt on the 45 and draw a true 45 line on the border to be mitered. When you sew the miter, you should stop at the same 1/4 inch mark on the inside edge. With all the pieces stopped at the 1/4 inch mark in the corner you can iron the corner nice and flat without any bulk. I'm glad you got it worked out and maybe the next one will be easier.

Blog Entries
    This helped me too. Thanks for such clear advice folks!
    Annette

There is no fireside like your own fireside.

I have been mitering all day. I did four blocks with mitered sashing and on the 11th one, I had a problem. I think I got sloppy. I fold the sashing together, use the 45 degree line on the ruler and line that up along the top of the sashing, then draw the line with pencil. You do have to start and stop exactly 1/4" from the edge and then on the miter. I'm glad I am done, how about you? lo
    Michelle Guadarrama

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2