Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Shop estate sales/garage sales for fabric!

Blog Entries
    I live in a small town with lots of elderly people, and can find fabrics for my stash any weekend that I go to their yard sales, etc.

And lots of other "necessities" too. Once bought 2 dollhouse kits for $1 . That made my day! Of course, I gave them both away that same day...

Blog Entries
    Stop bragging! (LOL) I can't find anything quilt/sewing related at a sale or goodwill or the thrift store or anywhere around here! I must be the only one who quilts for miles..

Blog Entries
    Well, a friend who had 4 sons got me started going to tag sales years ago.. She said a fortune teller told her once that she spent a lot of money, but not on herself! Which was true...

We had so much fun ripping up and down I-5 in CA, visiting all the thrift stores and buying, buying, buying! Her much more than me tho. We parked around the corner from the shops, cause we were in a Jaguar! Funny!

Blog Entries
    That's too funny! In a jag! I love garage sales but don't usually find fabric. Lucky u!!

No wonder you are keeping your location in hiding! :)

Blog Entries
    Those were the days, my friend! We thought they'd never end...

but now we are old and grey.... and satisfied to just sit and play with our stashes. But we do have lots of laughs when we look back some 40 years ago.

We don't have a GoodWill Store near, but I found out they have a website for an on-line auction. Gotta watch the s/h, tho. Alot of sheet sets going for $1 plus s/h.