Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shop Hop Like a Wine Trail >

Shop Hop Like a Wine Trail

Shop Hop Like a Wine Trail

Old 01-17-2013, 06:06 PM

Default Shop Hop Like a Wine Trail

Wine trails are fun because you go from winery to winery for samples. In return you get something from each winery. I just found a quilt shop trail!! You get a passport and go to each quilt shop. Then you get a free pattern at each shop!!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 AM

i love these! i am not in an area that has one right now, and i miss it. sometimes, the shops on the route are so crowded that i don't get to do much shopping, but the excitement is worth it! even if i can't buy anything, it gives me an idea about what the shops carry. for example, one shop specialized in civil war reproductions and another in 30's reproductions. from what i have seen, the shops get together and choose a color combination or a pattern, and each shop makes their own quilt using those quidelines. it is fun to see who comes up with what, and which shops didn't get theirs done! i have also gone on hops where shops give away little quilting items, like a small pair of scissors or a tape measure or a pen and tablet.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:49 AM

Someone needs to combine the two!!! Wineries with quilts. LOL. I bet we would spend more money.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
Wine trails are fun because you go from winery to winery for samples. In return you get something from each winery. I just found a quilt shop trail!! You get a passport and go to each quilt shop. Then you get a free pattern at each shop!!
Where did you find this one? I'm in West Branch, and we're having a shop hop in April (shops all around us actually...we're more in the center of it).

But...I wonder if we could coordinate/combine one with the winery in town....there's one in West Branch just 3 doors down from us....then again, that could be a dangerous thing lol

Christine