Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shop hop with my friends >

Shop hop with my friends

Shop hop with my friends

Old 03-27-2011, 04:23 AM

Yesterday was just the best day ever!! My friends and I (5 of us) went on a 5 shop tour here in Northern Illinois. We had so much fun and I got some really fun stuff.
First shop--Quilt N Joy in Huntley (very tempted by some sale fabric here, but I guess I wasn't in the mood because I didn't buy anything)
2--Judy's in Hampshire (a couple of 1/2 yards of plum Civil War prints for my king sized summer quilts and a pattern for an iron tote)
3--Tammy Tadd's in Sycamore (I got a wool candle mat pattern and the wool here to make an Easter mat, and the pattern for Granny's squares, the pattern that Tammy demonstrated on Simply quilts with Alex Anderson)
Lunch at a cute little Mexican restaurant in Sycamore..and I ordered a Chicken taco salad, not on my diet, but I couldn't eat the whole thing...does that count as not cheating?)
4--Basket cases about 10 miles west of Sycamore, a cute little shop with several different crafts in it. I would have bought some tatting materials, but the proprieter says it is something that you cannot teach yourself, but you really need to take a class. It is a life goal of mine to tatt. I guess it really isn't like crocheting.
5--Material Girl in Crystal Lake. This is a fairly new shop and it is so beautiful. I am in the midst of making a double wedding ring queen sized quilt for my daughter. It is made out of Amy Butler's latest line, "Soul Blossoms" and yesterday one of my goals was to buy the backing. Because I needed 9+ yards and I finished the bolt, they gave me 20 % off!! That took 20.00 of of the price! They are so nice and they have the nicest selection of fabrics and the sales people are wonderful.

Have a great day! Happy quilting! :lol:
Old 03-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like you had LOTS of fun!!!!!!!