Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shop Hops

I want to thank those that turned me on to the shop hops, I am amazed at how many quilting fabrics, patterns, BOM, notions and everything that is out there for quilting. Last night I was up until 4AM hopping, hopping, hopping and almost hit all the stores.

Question is--How do you go to all those stores and risk the temptation at buying all those great sales, bargains, and beautiful items out there? LOL, I believe this board has created a monster--LOL

Blog Entries
    I, too, love shop hopping. I make a rule that I try to live by when shop hopping. I try not to buy too much. Some stores I force myself to buy a fat quarter. Others I absolutely love a design and purchase 5-6 yards assuming that I'll use it as a backing.

Where on earth do shops stay open until the wee hours of the morning. Where I live in NY, some will stay open as late as 8pm! Even during shop hops! What is the average number of stores that participate in your shop hops? Here it's a big one if there are 12 shops, and a small one if there are only 6.

This is the one from online--- fabshophop.com its free and you have to visit and find the bunnies!!

Blog Entries
    Uh oh! I've never heard of a shop hop on-line... One of the women I work with only buys on-line. I'll have to check it out! Thanks Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
    I want to thank those that turned me on to the shop hops, I am amazed at how many quilting fabrics, patterns, BOM, notions and everything that is out there for quilting. Last night I was up until 4AM hopping, hopping, hopping and almost hit all the stores.

Question is--How do you go to all those stores and risk the temptation at buying all those great sales, bargains, and beautifu l items out there? LOL, I believe this board has created a monster--LOL
    Yes, I agree, but when I was on vacation I found a couple of quilt panels, but when I went back they gone. I found them on the quilt shop. So it pays to look at the item on the shop hop. My computer is bouncing all around so if something doesn't make sense, sorry!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGibbs

Question is--How do you go to all those stores and risk the temptation at buying all those great sales, bargains, and beautiful items out there? LOL, I believe this board has created a monster--LOL
    Here's a hint for you: If the site doesn't give you a good clue, I've usually found the bunny either on the "sale" link or the "newsletter" link. I hadn't done a hop for about a year until I did this August one, and I think the shops have started giving much better clues!

I am doing my first Bunny Hop and I have completed 154! Wheww! I can not find the bunny and Bug Fabrics.com...lol...I just need to find this last one...any advise??

WooooHooooo!! I visited all 155 sites!! YEAH for me. Now I have "mouse-thumbitis" from looking for them all in the last 24 hours!! Time for nap--

Goodness!! I finally found the last bunny!!! WhooHoo!! Good luck, LisaGibbs!!

My pocket book dictates what I can buy. Unfortunately, I'm only able to window shop to find bunnies, so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast