Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shoppers Alert- rotary blades

I went to JoAnn's this AM already to get my 60 MM rotary cutter blades that are on sale and use my 25% off total purchase coupon.
    Well , there was not a single one on the shelf. I asked if they had more and was told no everything they had was out on the shelves because of the sale.... So I asked if I could get a raincheck .. was told no we do not issue rainchecks. So I asked when will you get more?
    This was the response, "we have no idea since they are made in Japan and there are no shipments coming any time in the foreseeable future".
    Well my 60 MM rotary cutter is olfa and this particular model only like the olfa brand blades.
    Just wanted to give a heads up for anyone in the same predicament. Looks like I will have to invest in another handle from another brand , that the blades are not made in Japan!

Darn!! That's not good news!

Aw, too bad. I suppose alot of the things madethere will not be available for some time.

Blog Entries
    Some car parts may be a big problem also. I feel so bad for the people there.

Don't be so quick to turn your back on Japan.. they are going to need all the support they can get!

I hear the rotary blades from Harbor Freight work well and are much cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by franie
    I hear the rotary blades from Harbor Freight work well and are much cheaper!
    But I really have gotten spoiled with the 60mm, harbor freight blades are 45MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    I went to JoAnn's this AM already to get my 60 MM rotary cutter blades that are on sale and use my 25% off total purchase coupon.
    Well , there was not a single one on the shelf. I asked if they had more and was told no everything they had was out on the shelves because of the sale.... So I asked if I could get a raincheck .. was told no we do not issue rainchecks. So I asked when will you get more?
    This was the response, "we have no idea since they are made in Japan and there are no shipments coming any time in the foreseeable future".
    Well my 60 MM rotary cutter is olfa and this particular model only like the olfa brand blades.
    Just wanted to give a heads up for anyone in the same predicament. Looks like I will have to invest in another handle from another brand , that the blades are not made in Japan!
    I had a package of 45 mm blades and no handle so went to buy olfa 45 mm handle. They had two on the shelf. Reg price was 21.99 but they had 40% off making it 13.19 then the additional 25% off bringing it down to 9.89.

You might try LP Sharp and Jhittle

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Maybe invest in a blade sharpener? Has anyone ever used one? I have been thinking about buying one of those...our harbor freight didn't have the blades...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast