Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping for fabric online >

Shopping for fabric online

Shopping for fabric online

Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 PM

I just got my order from Pink Chalks Fabrics. They were reasonable and the quality seems very good. The colors very true to the on-line site and very nicely folded and packed. I was very pleased. You may want to try them. Sorry to hear about your problems. Not a good way to do business!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:01 AM

I just got an order from them last week. It was neatly rolled around a tube but they did short me half a yard which they sent to me right away. This was from fabric.com.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:47 AM

I tried to order some fabric from them a few weeks ago and they waited 2 weeks to tell me that they did not have the fabric they were advertising. I will not order from them again. I have had such good luck with Thousands of Bolts, I order most all of my fabrics from them.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 AM

Well,I just got off the phone with Fabric.com...still cannot reach Hal..big surprise! Talked to cust service lady,she said they are sending out the missing piece of my order today,so we'll see what happens. Said they get really busy on the line,and sometimes mistakes happen!I'm sorry,but aren't they there to fill orders correctly?Again,I ordered twice and twice they've screwed up! Love Thousands of Bolts,and will go back to them...At least when you call them,you don't have to wait forever to talk to someone!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 PM

Well my Joann batting is here now went to P.O. and picked up. Came in last friday delivery was suppose to be today. FED-X was quick. My order from fabric.com was also there. Looking thru it now. Went back on line and checked the charges. All but the $44.77 was removed from which was the total of the order per my packing slip. The other charges were credited back to my acct today, that they had taken out. Don't know whether to thank Netspend or fabric.com. Got my money back that I am Happy about. B/F is in Atlanta told him it was credited back, he did not need to hunt them down like dogs, so he will load and leave the state.Will have to seriously think whether I will place another order, and that is a sheme because there were several other fabrics at such a deal I really wanted. Will say my order was nicely folded and inside a plastic bag , which I will reuse for garbage later, inside a box.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

Glad it all worked out... too bad you had to jump thru hoops to get it fixed :roll: Happy Sewing :thumbup:
Old 04-05-2010, 01:22 PM

Thank you with all my heart. My mom is looking forward to her quilts. She is getting a froggy with pink background from the fun and done method, She has fallen in love with the holiday village print and wants one of those. And I have been cutting up an angel print and setting it off with gold paisley print. We bought that several years ago for skirts. But she had the stroke and cant ge out of bed, so it will now be her quilt. If I have enough will make her a hospital gown to go with it.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:46 PM

Not sure where you live, but I also have a netspend card for the same reason, most likely. We travel for a living and it is convenient. Can load it almost anywhere now. Been with them 6 years+ Never had a problem getting a charge taken off my card as long as they could speak directly with the company to verify that they would not collect on the hold. Just went thru it with Kohl's a few days ago on an ecard gift certif. for my adopted DGD. In 5 years, I have never paid to replace a card. If they try to tell you that again, get a supervisor, or another representative and insist that it is their mistake and they need to waive the fee. They are really pretty good about it. Just gotta push it a bit. Glad things worked out, but be careful where you order.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:06 PM

As I said on another post I have used fabric shack for years and always had good service, never had a problem with them.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:27 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience with Fabric.com. I have not had any problems with them and have ordered from them for the past 2 years. I would say that I order once a month. I love their quality fabric. It does not bother me that the fabric is in a plastic bag. At least it won't get wet. And I do wash the fabric as I get it. So the wrinkles was out. Very satisfied.