Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping for a HQ Sweet 16 >

Shopping for a HQ Sweet 16

Shopping for a HQ Sweet 16

Old 02-15-2014, 04:33 PM

I purchased one on Craig's List and I think I saved about $1,600. I was able to spend some time with the seller and I couldn't be happier with my purchase!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:57 AM

there is a sale today at the my LQS for a Sweet Sixteen...thinking of getting one today...
Old 02-22-2014, 05:05 AM

Gallery of Fabric Mercer, PA they have great prices on all HandiQuilter machines!!!
Old 02-22-2014, 05:28 AM

I decided I am getting it. I emailed the shop. I have a question...I not sure about the stitch regulator. If you have one do you like it? If not why not?
Old 02-22-2014, 05:37 AM

My husband ordered mine Nov 2012 from Sewing Machines Plus, with the extra tables, Tru-Stitch, and all the goodies. I love mine. I wouldn't have gotten this machine without the Tru-Stitch. It does take a little practice to find your speed, but it makes perfect professional looking stitches right from the start. My friend never FMQ'd before and sat down and did it perfectly. When you're using it right, it's like using a hot knife to cut butter. It's wonderful. Completely changes the experience.

We had an excellent experience with SMP. They were very responsive and when things where on back order they let us know and they shipped them as quickly as they got them.

I would recommend buying at least the 1st Debby Brown getting started video for the Sweet Sixteen. I wish I would've had it when I first started. She gives a great explanation on using the Tru-Stitch so it works well.

Also another person recommended the Yahoo group. That is a wealth of information and people are always very happy to share experiences. I would also get the convertible foot. Open and closed toe. I changed mine out this past fall and I love it. Super easy to use rulers with a closed foot and then go right back to open foot.