Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping for sewing table--machine on top or inset? >

Shopping for sewing table--machine on top or inset?

Shopping for sewing table--machine on top or inset?

Old 03-23-2015, 09:10 PM

Got a Horn table on Sat. for my Bernina. Haven't send with it yet, still sorting out the sewing room. But, Have set up my machine & just tested sitting at the table. It is going to be wonderful. The dealer adjusted the lift so my extension table works in place of the insert. I have not had my machine set into a table since the early '80's & I can already tell my back & shoulders will be happy.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:35 PM

I've had surgery on both shoulders and find having my machine down in the recess is much more comfortable. I have to work on it on table top when I go other places and can feel a big difference.

By the way, I found my small old sewing machine table "cabinet" with the top that I leave down for it's surface, in a thrift shop for under $20. It's perfect for my small quilt area. I always see at least one at thrift shops. They are my go to places for odd pieces of furniture. You probably should have your machine dimensions written down, and a tape measure, in your purse, just in case you decide to go in a thrift shop to check it out. Don't give up; some concentrate on clothing, others have lots of kitchen stuff, others have a big section of furniture. Good luck!