Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shops in Idaho >

Shops in Idaho

Shops in Idaho

Old 10-06-2014, 12:42 PM

Default Shops in Idaho

My daughter just told me that she and her hubby are probably going back to Idaho in February. They have been DC for the past 4 years and I'm just now finding the best quilt shops, delis, antique shops, etc in that area. And now it will be an all day plane adventure to visit instead of 2 hour non-stop flight. It will be much, much harder to see her and my brand new grandson. I am not happy.

This is where you folks come in. Please tell me of any great quilt shops in the Boise area. I wasn't quilting when she lived there before. There were no good antique shops and the folks just weren't as friendly as they were in the surrounding DC area. I will miss many good friends that I have made in the past four years. So I'm really hoping to find some good quilt shops, locally owned restaurants, etc. with friendly owners/staff in the Boise area.

Thank you!!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:38 PM

Just southeast of Boise about a 2 hr drive is a little town of Shoshone. There is an absolutly wonderful-marvelous quilt shop called "back porch fabrics" . Run by a lovely lady by the name of Salli Hubbs. It is well worth the drive to come & see her. Also, about 1 hr drive north to Hailey, there is a fabric shop. Both shops are well worth the extra drive. Boise itself, I am not so sure of. But good luck & if you get to Shoshone, ask Salli for my phone #, & I'll be more than glad to meet you!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Thank you! I probably won't make it out there until March but am already putting together my plans. Hoping that by finding fun shops and places to visit, I will be able to get excited about this move for them. Thanks!