Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I go?

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    Absolutely go.
    Many years ago the President of a college where I was an Administrator really seemed to delight in giving me a hard time.
    I went off to Quilting by the Lake for a week - saved my sanity!
    Is that the one in upstate NY? Did you go for one week or longer? I have heard it is superb.
    SueSew
    "If it's messy, eat it over the sink!" Mom

Blog Entries
    Yep, you should go!!!!!!

That would be a good way to get out your job wos You would come out feeling like a new person. Treat your self

Yes!!! go if you can. I've never taken any of the classes because there is so much to see. Try not to miss the Quilt Museum's stained glass window quilts.

You will be so inspired! If you can take a class, take one, but it's certainly not necessary in order to meet some lovely people and see some wonderful quilts. Plan to spend some money on the most beautiful fabrics and do post pictures when you get back.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Sounds like a great idea to me! I'd leave my cell phone in the car or hotel so no one could interfere with my "me" time.

GO! I think everyone should go at least once. You will have a great time, see some awesome quilts, shop to your heart's content at the vendors, and come home with oodles of quilting ideas.

If you can go to Paducah - GO! Classes are great and all the machines are provided. You just bring the items on the supply list - machines are ready to go with a machine rep in the classroom to help with any problems.

Of course, if you are in the market for a machine now is the time. The machines used in classes are sold at a substantial discount because they are "used". You can tell the machine dealer you want the machine, they mark it sold and you pick up at the end of the week or in some cases they will ship to you. They usually sweeten the deal with add-ons because they don't want to take them home.

Biggest challenge is finding a room within a reasonable distance. If you are travelling with a group they already have rooms booked, otherwise, start checking now - it is not unusual for people to stay 30 or more miles from Paducah during quilt week.

If you are looking for rooms the AQS site has a list of all the hotel/motels in about a 40 mile radius and you start close to Padcuah and work your way until you find a room.

My friends and I go every year - great fun, lots of temptations to buy, good classes.

Blog Entries
    I have never been to the AQS show in Paducah BUT DH did take me to the quilt museum there and I almost had the entire museum to myself! It was heaven. I am not into crowds so this worked for me. If you planned to go for the big event, I'd plan to stay over for a day or two when the crowds leave. Also, I think you might find one of those quilt retreats where you get pampered and either bring your own projects or learn something new. I have always wanted to do one of those. Sounds so relaxing and you could still get bunches done.
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Blog Entries
    You should go. We never know what tomorrow will bring so go while you can. It will be the experience of the year for a quilter.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast