Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I use a footboard?

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I took my footboard off and visually it made the room look bigger...depends on the look you want.

I used only a blanket chest at the foot of my bed. That way I could fold down the quilt without it getting on the floor. I liked the look better than a footboard. The blanket chest was what I used for my laundry hamper.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Blog Entries
    I HATE footboards because I have to wrestle with them to tuck in the sheets, blankets, and comforter at the end of the bed. Recently, I changed my bed so that it would not include one.

I would have thought the headboard and the footboard would have come with rails to join them together!

Our bed has headboard and footboard which I quite like. As the others have mentioned it really depends on the size of the room and if you like footboards. I really like the idea of a blanket box....if you have the space for it. The headboard you have there is really lovely, it seems quite beautifully crafted. I would however work out some way of attaching the headboard to the bed...probably just me, but seems a bit dangerous having it just wedged behind the bed.

There are sources for the hardware to attach rails. I am surprised the headboard/footboard didn't come with all this if sold as a set. Check places like restorers catalogs, woodworking catalogs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Ann View Post
    I HATE footboards because I have to wrestle with them to tuck in the sheets, blankets, and comforter at the end of the bed. Recently, I changed my bed so that it would not include one.
    That's what I'm thinking too. I just hate to make beds where there is no room to wrestle the sheets, blankets and quilts. But I think I want to see how it looks. I got the head and foot boards on Craigslist and she told me she was keeping the rails. Thanks for your comments, I'm just now getting to them.

Marcia

I do not think you have anything to worry about.. as far as messing up your quilt!

Blog Entries
    I love the completed look a foot board has to finish the look as a whole.

Lovely quilt and bed you have.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2