Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Show me a picture of what you think stipling should look like.

What a funny Mardi Gras lobster quilt! The beads look 3D.......possibly added later? Great job!

Aside comment....I broke 9 Organ needles yesterday trying to FMQ...Finally slowed down, and it was better, but would take a month of Sundays to free motion anything...plus the bottom stitching looks like it just lays there , while the front stiching is really nice on my Juki...It will be awhile til I waste that much time again, I'm afraid. It will remain just SITD...

PS.I have the small slider and it works great...You will enjoy the whole kit, I'm sure...

I do what I call a large stipple. I love doing it and I love the look. As long as I like it that is all that matters to me.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    This was one of the hardest things for me to learn on my longarm ... I finally figured out that I'm a loopy loo kind of gal -- I like being able to cross the lines and I even have graduated to hearts and stars every once in awhile. I did a polyester trip around the world quilt recently where I put freezer paper over the top of the quilt (once it was loaded onto the longarm) and using a sharpie I drew my meandering lines onto the freezer paper. I had to do it several times before I got a design I was happy with. Once I did that, I put it on the back table so I could follow it like a pantograph - it turned out pretty good - even if I do say so myself. Practice, practice, practice.

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
    Here's one I did.
    Beautiul piece!
    Love 4 stchen

I try to remember that I quilt with my face close to the fabric..but when its viewed by others, they are looking at the overall effect. I do quilt some for others. I do not have a computer on my long arm. I KNOW I make mistakes, so I tell my customers If you can FIND it, I will fix it. I have not had one come back yet.
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I'm not the greatest at it either but mine passes. Yours will get better with practice.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingByCourtney View Post
    I was told to think of the end of a dog bone and just keep doing that over and over...I practiced on paper and that helped my hand to start learning a pattern because my brain always wanted my hands to do straight lines....so after I doodled on paper for a while I think it helped me...and I kept that image of the end of a dog bone in my head
    A gal in my guild, who has won ribbons in national shows said getting the moves down is a lot easier if you practice on paper, So I totally agree with this post

I have never done stippling ...do you use a frame when doing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by NUBQ View Post
    What a funny Mardi Gras lobster quilt! The beads look 3D.......possibly added later? Great job!

Aside comment....I broke 9 Organ needles yesterday trying to FMQ...Finally slowed down, and it was better, but would take a month of Sundays to free motion anything...plus the bottom stitching looks like it just lays there , while the front stiching is really nice on my Juki...It will be awhile til I waste that much time again, I'm afraid. It will remain just SITD...
    I fill the same way also. The fabric and thread that is wasted trying to learn can add up. I decide to make pot holder and hot pads for the children to practice on. Anything I give them with what is suppose to look like stippling they are just thrilled to death just rubbing their hand over it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast