Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Show me your painted Featherweight!

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Now that I'm a member of the Featherweight Club, I'm thinking of dressing up ol' Bitsy. She's in great shape, her decals are perfect, but she's just so... black. I think she needs a color more suitable for her personality. But I'd love to see your paint jobs. Here's your chance to show off! I need inspiration.

Banned
    Me too!!!! I'd like to get mine gussied up, but am not sure where to take it or how to go about it.

Go to thefeatherweight221factory.com. The guy is really nice. I conversed with him regarding a machine I wanted, but just didn't have the money to buy it.

If Bitsy is perfectly black, I'd hesitate to change her colour. I'd look for a Featherweight that is not perfect and do the paint job on that one.

I would not change her color. It could take away from her value.

Blog Entries
    I think the painted ones are cute, but don't know what it'll do to the value over time. The original finish is really quite valuable, as some of them really took a beating, and others suffered from peeling.

I got mine from DeskDave/Featherweight Factory, and I love it! Yes, it is black, and she is pretty!! Very nice folks to deal with!

I wouldn't change the color either. You just don't know if it would take away from its value?

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc
    Now that I'm a member of the Featherweight Club, I'm thinking of dressing up ol' Bitsy. She's in great shape, her decals are perfect, but she's just so... black. I think she needs a color more suitable for her personality. But I'd love to see your paint jobs. Here's your chance to show off! I need inspiration.
    Oh, now y'all have given me an excuse to buy a SECOND FW! So I should find an ugly one that needs the paint job, and let Bitsy remain her classy self. Well, maybe I'll make her a cute little cover instead. Quilted by her, of course. :mrgreen:

BUT I still want to see pictures!!!!

Blog Entries
    make a cute sewing machine cover for Bitsy

Oh, now y'all have given me an excuse to buy a SECOND FW! So I should find an ugly one that needs the paint job, and let Bitsy remain her classy self. Well, maybe I'll make her a cute little cover instead. Quilted by her, of course. :mrgreen:

BUT I still want to see pictures!!!!