Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Show Price for HQ Sweet 16 >

Show Price for HQ Sweet 16

Show Price for HQ Sweet 16

Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 AM

Default Show Price for HQ Sweet 16

Has anyone purchased the Sweet 16 recently at a large show. Going to the AQS show in Grand Rapids and have been looking at the Sweet 16 at a local shop. What would price be at a show?

Cyndi Anderson
Old 08-09-2013, 07:17 AM

Depends. The show price at Wisconsin Expo last year and what I paid at dealer some months later was not that much different.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:22 AM

You might want to check out www.sunshine16.com. They have a machine that is very much like the HQ Sweet 16, but costs much less. I purchased one last year at the Houston Quilt Festival. Call and talk to Nancy.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 AM

Most times the local dealer will match a show price... call the local and see if that's the case.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:52 AM

Unless it's a huge savings, I would go with a local dealer just for the customer service aspect.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:26 AM

I agree with both Lori and AlienQuilter. You need to be sure you have someone who can help you after you buy. There is another machine that is less expensive that is actually made by HQ so it is almost a duplicate.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:35 AM

When you purchase a machine at the show, you will get the show price and be "assigned" to a rep near you. The rep will get credit for your training and be your local service and support. If you are already working with a shop, be sure to mention that so that shop gets credit. Enjoy the show!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 AM

Make sure that the local rep does have training and support. I have a friend on another board who purchased an HQ Sweet 16, had to go pick it up herself, and did not get any training. When she called to ask a question, the dealer was curt and unhelpful.

I looked at the HQ Sweet 16 off and on for over a year before I decided to buy the other machine. But the store I would have purchased it from has a factory trained serviceman (the owner's son), and they would have delivered, set up and given me my first lesson on the spot. They have "sit-n-sew" days at the shop so you can come in with your quilting if you are having problems, and they will help you. That's the kind of service you want!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 PM

Hey Musicmom! I wish we could have met up at the Grand Rapids show. I did purchase a Sweet 16 at the show. I had been shopping Baby Lock, but on the ride to GR my quilting friend was telling us how much she loved her HQ Sweet 16. She didn't know I had secretly been planning to buy one and I did not know she owned one. So what a surprise for all of the them when I said sweet hubby had given me the go ahead to buy one. I tried every single sit down there just to be sure I got the right one. Even the one I previously loved--the Baby Lock--did not outshine the HQ Sweet 16. The price was less than the Baby Lock, AND I found out that HQ makes the Baby Lock sit down quilter. My sweet baby is being delivered on Wednesday and I can hardly wait. I've had a Viking MegaQuilter for years, which I absolutely love, but the throat size is what sent me looking at these new sit down quilters. Also, the Sweet 16 machine head is the same whether it is sit down or stand in front. I found that to be a major bonus because if/when I sell it can be converted to a frame if wanted. Good luck.