Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Show and Tell >

Show and Tell

Show and Tell

Old 02-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

I no longer bring Show and Tell since pictures started showing up on Facebook. Everyone has a camera on their phone now and think nothing of over sharing.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:41 PM

I have something to show at our monthly meetings at least 8 -10 times/year. Because sometimes there are people in the guild who end up judging at the fair, I wait with those items until after the fair. That means that my show and tell contributions bunch up a little.

We have excellent participation at show and tell, and I really enjoy seeing what others have made and getting ideas from them. For every entry a member brings, a ticket may be filled out. A drawing is done at the end of the year, and the winner wins a free membership for the next year.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:47 AM

I just joined a guild a few months ago and have only been to 3 or 4 meetings. I was prepared to take a scrappy quilt to last night's meeting for show & tell but they cancelled it on account of our snow storm.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:15 AM

I have been participating in several swaps; so my items usually get mailed and never make it to show and tell.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:32 AM

Our small (7) group meets monthly and we share whatever we happen to be working on, just some gals getting together for fellowship and sharing.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

My charity quilting group meets twice a month and we always have "Sew and Tell". We show the quilts we brought to donate, and personal quilts too. Once in a while a crocheted blanket or bag is shown too. Our group isn't large so it doesn't take that long to go around the room and show what you brought. Everybody gets excited about trying new patterns this way, too. I think it really does contribute to us all producing more.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:03 PM

I will take something to show if I have a finished item. This is a monthly Sewing Club at a LQS that I enjoy going to but I often feel intimidated by the other quilters projects. A lot of them do such beautiful and more advanced work. We show more than quilts, all kinds of sewing projects, embroidery, etc. I love to see everything though.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:38 PM

I will usually show one when I am finished with a label and that is once or twice a year. I have several UFO's so as they get done I show them. I don't have too much time to work on my own stuff as I LA quilt for others and volunteer on charity quilts.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:40 AM

A guild I belonged to a couple of years ago encouraged members to bring Show and Tell items to share by entering each in a drawing or giving a piece of fabric. One year it was a fat quarter for a newly finished project shown.
I like to see all kinds of projects, for inspiration, as well as "look what I found at the thrift store".