Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Signature Thread for LAing >

Signature Thread for LAing

Signature Thread for LAing

Old 05-30-2015, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
My go to thread for LA is Filtec Glide. A trilobal polyester. Super strong, beautiful colors and zero lint. I also use:
Isacord embroidery thread, Superior So fine and Bottom Line, Metro Embroidery thread and my current favorite Invisifil.
Where do you get the Invisifil? I've heard pretty good things about it so I would like to try some
Toni
Old 05-30-2015, 06:54 AM

Each machine seems to like one or two threads the best. Some machines like them all. I use mostly Connecting Threads both their cotton on spools and cones and then their polyester on cones. All depends on the color I'm looking for and what I have on hand. I also use Aurifil but I don't have too many colors due to price. I've also used embroidery threads and embroidery metallic threads. The sample threads my machine came with I had troubles with but that was back when I was just tweaking my machine and tension so it may work now......just never went back to try it again. Cotton thread are linty, just a fact of life, polyester threads are strong.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

I love Signature thread. My LA (Juki) seems to prefer a cotton thread over a polyester. I don't mind the lint from cotton and will get better stitches with the cotton. To each his own.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:09 PM

I have used it with my Innova...super linty, but I just clean the bobbin area out with a 1" paint brush after each pass and didn't have a problem.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:45 AM

I have used signature for many yrs...it is great...I have an APQS l/a.......it comes in both 100%cotton or poly wrapped cotton...and a good choice if colors available.....lint not only comes from the thread, but also the cotton fabric........I wipe out the bobbin area with each bobbin change....use cheap small paint brushes from local hardware store..... No big deal, just part of the routine! I guess in a way, I am a purist.....cotton fabric, cotton thread...go hand in hand......