Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple machine quilting for a Log Cabin Quilt?

Hi! New to the forum here but look forward to it!

I am finishing up my first log cabin quilt and as such, it is a busy quilt on it's own. Can anyone recommend a good quilting "pattern" or other, for the top that will not take away from the log cabin blocks but will still compliment the top? I was already thinking of using an invisible nylon thread for the top thread, but having a hard time figuring out exactly what to do with it.

My layout is a barn raising set square with well defined lights and darks.

Thanks!

My 1st Log Cabin Top!
    Name:  Attachment-179208.jpe
Views: 2456
Size:  65.4 KB

Wow , that is beautiful.....sorry I can't help you with the quilting part but there are lots of ladies here that can.

I will be watching this one for a LC in blue is on my to do list. :)

I will have to do a log cabin. Every time that I see one I like it very much.. Yours is really beautiful.

I hand quilted my log cabin by simply going around each square of the block in the ditch. My blocks were finished at 4 inches and the in the ditch stitching looked great when I got it done. You could do the same thing by machine. Its a beautiful quilt. Log Cabin is one of my favorite blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    I hand quilted my log cabin by simply going around each square of the block in the ditch. My blocks were finished at 4 inches and the in the ditch stitching looked great when I got it done. You could do the same thing by machine. Its a beautiful quilt. Log Cabin is one of my favorite blocks.
    That seems very labor intensive even by machine. I'm sure it is beautiful though.

Patiently waiting for someone to chime in here with suggestions. I have a wall hanging that needs some TLC and I am not sure what to do either.

Beautiful quilt!!! How about feathers in all the light areas, using light beige thread,,, and feathers in the darker areas using a darker thread..???? Quilting will only enhance the beauty of this quilt. Great job!!

Beautiful quilt!!! I'm looking to see what others say. I have not finished a log cabin quilt yet!

Blog Entries
    I always do stitch in the ditch on mine. Like the color combo in yours! Great job!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whinnytoo
    Beautiful quilt!!! How about feathers in all the light areas, using light beige thread,,, and feathers in the darker areas using a darker thread..???? Quilting will only enhance the beauty of this quilt. Great job!!
    I agree on this. Anything swirly too. It's so beautiful and also in my top 3 for favorite patterns!! You did a great job :thumbup:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast