Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simplicity Bias Tape Maker >

Simplicity Bias Tape Maker

Simplicity Bias Tape Maker

Old 09-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Has anyone seen this machine? I didn't know it existed till a minute ago. Sure would make the Bow Tuck ties much simpler to make.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:06 PM

I thought about that too but it's a lot of $$$ for just making bow tuck ties ... and I don't see myself making bias tape for much of anything else...
Old 09-01-2010, 05:16 PM
np3
Power Poster

I don't think it works all that well. I still prefer to make my own.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

I have it and I use it to make all my quilt binding. I have the 2 1/2" binding tool. It folds and presses the binding in half, perfect for double fold binding. I have rolls of binding made waiting for a quilt. The only problem I had with the large binding, is when the strips are joined together it would take a tug to get the seam through the binding tool but Ive learned to have the seam go in opposite direction of the binding tool and it runs smoothly through. I love tools that save me time.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have it and I use it to make all my quilt binding. I have the 2 1/2" binding tool. It folds and presses the binding in half, perfect for double fold binding. I have rolls of binding made waiting for a quilt. The only problem I had with the large binding, is when the strips are joined together it would take a tug to get the seam through the binding tool but Ive learned to have the seam go in opposite direction of the binding tool and it runs smoothly through. I love tools that save me time.
I agree! I also have this and use it for making binding. It really speeds up the process and saves a lot of burned fingers! However, I wouldn't buy it unless I got a great deal (I did!) because I feel like I don't use it enough to justify the full price.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:36 AM

Are you asking about the machine that cuts the bias tape or the small hand held bias folder that folds the bias so you can press it?

This: http://www.sewing.org/scripts/blog/2...rotary-cutter/

Or this:
http://www.sewing.org/scripts/blog/2...rotary-cutter/

I have heard the cutter isn't all that good, but I have never used one. The tape maker keeps the fingers from blisters and works great!