Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simplicity Rotary Cutter >

Simplicity Rotary Cutter

Simplicity Rotary Cutter

Old 12-21-2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I just got one for Christmas and the binding maker. I'll let you know how well it works because I'm going to try it out tonight. Welcome to the Board. You will enjoy all the wonderful people here.
Can't wait to see if you like it or not purplemem :!: :D
Old 12-22-2009, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by GrandmK
I guess I didn't make myself clear. it is electric and cuts strips from 1/2 inch to 2&1/2 inches. I am really into the strip quilting. Makes pretty tops easy and they are easy for my mom to sew
Sorry I misunderstood (was with all the kids and grandkids all day and I'm a little bit, well, you know.) Anyway, I think the strip cutter is still probably the best money you'll ever spend -- provided it cuts like it should, of course!! :D :D And we all deserve to buy ourselves a little something for Christmas just to make sure we get one thing that we want :twisted:
What brand do you have and why did you said "provided it cuts like it should? Is there a big "learning curve" I am NOT real patient. LOL Esp. this time of the year that is why I haven't opened it~~
Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 AM

I have an AccuCut Go cutter that uses all kinds of different size dies. I love it and think it's the best invention since toilet paper :lol: :lol:

I purchased the 2 1/2" die this fall and I can cut a bunch of strips accurately in no time at all!! :D

I did read some comments on the Simplicity cutter and not all of them were good -- but I would try it out anyway and then if you're not happy -- take it back!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:16 AM

Good Plan but I bought it on Black Friday at Joan's and I wonder what there return policy is?? I mean if it is 30 days I doubt I will have time to try it and know. Thanks for the input tho I do appreciate it