Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Simply Crazy Quilt Template

Has anyone used this template to cut the center piece when starting your crazy quilt? It is available from Nancy's Notions and peaked my interest, however, I don't think there is any reason why I could not just cut a five sided piece with my rotary cutter for the center. Just love tools!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynn7448
    Has anyone used this template to cut the center piece when starting your crazy quilt? It is available from Nancy's Notions and peaked my interest, however, I don't think there is any reason why I could not just cut a five sided piece with my rotary cutter for the center. Just love tools!!!
    If you want all the center pieces the same shape, use a template.

I'd just take my center fabric (same fabric or different) and cut it into a 5 sided piece.

IF I wanted to make the centers the same, I'd make my own template before I purchased one.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Quote Originally Posted by lynn7448
    If you want all the center pieces the same shape, use a template.

I'd just take my center fabric (same fabric or different) and cut it into a 5 sided piece.

IF I wanted to make the centers the same, I'd make my own template before I purchased one.
    Ditto!! They will try to sell us anything huh? Of course, we are all gadget buyers aren't we??

Blog Entries
    You can easily make your own. :D:D:D

I have the template, didn't come with any instructions, I put it aside

That is what I thought....I will make my own if needed. Thanks for the feedback.

Blog Entries
    Why do you need a template? I make several crazy quilts just to get rid of some of the scraps. My centers are as many sided as I decide I want. I am presently working on a queen size. They are fun to make. You don't have to worry about matching seams.

They just made the template look cool,

Blog Entries
    How do you make your own templates?

I never used a template for a crazy quilt. Isn't that the whole point to a crazy quilt,all different directions,different sizes, different shapes? There probably is a template,I've have looked for one.