Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Since I've Become A Quilter...

I have included quilting in my sewing for 40+ years. Now that I am retired (1 year)and have the time to induldge, I have added to my supplies 4 additional machines, a remodled room, a quilting frame, a larger stash and it seems there is no end to what I want to add. I love being retired. There still is not enough time in the day. I also discovered this site.

bj
    Through quilting, I've found peace and fulfillment. And Joy!

Since I became a quilter, my stained glass shop has been put away and it's now filled with a longarm.

Since I became a quilter, I no longr feel it's tacky to see threads and pieces of fabric all over the house.

Since I became a quilter (and this is a biggy) I no longer have a desire to travel over the US to go RVing full-time!!! Yip - I'm quite happy to sit home with the snow and my quilting machine!

And another biggy -- since I became a quilter, I've met so many darned nice people!!!!!!! I no longer feel isolated in our small town.

Blog Entries
    the days don't seem quite so boring anymore, my bedroom is a mess, threads are everywhere, and little things like laundry, dishes and dust don't seem to bother me anymore.

Blog Entries
    Since I've become a quilter, I have discovered that one machine is no longer enough! (I just got my eighth today, an HQ Sweet Sixteen) I am off to find out if it lights up when I switch it on!

Blog Entries
    Since I've become a quilter, I've learned to take criticism better, that I have no favorite color - I love them all - and that quilters are universally friendly. Also I've learned that making a quilt and giving it to someone I never met is incredibly satisfying.

Since I have become a quilter.
    .....I have decided that taking a perfectly good piece of fabric and cutting it into 2" pieces isn't crazy after all
    .....that having many quilts and patterns that just "need" to be tried and done is more relaxing for me than chocolate eating for some(I can't have chocolate-miagranes and sores)
    .....that though my hubby may say "More Fabric?" in the next breath it's "WOW, I like that one!"
    .....that quilters both on this board and in general are the most helpful and generous there are!
    .....no fabric/quilt store is safe once the bug has hit
    .....No pattern is safe or beyond the possibilities.

LOL, I love them all! I used to have a spotless house, even with two kids and homeschooling, but now, there's dust bunnies on top of the ceiling fans...also, since I became a quilter, I have more hand injuries and small scratches/cuts than my construction worker father, :lol: .

Since I've become a quilter I've met the neatest people - both in person and online. And thank goodness for on line, since many of the quilts I quilt come through the mail - for without the internet I'd know the quilts better than the people!

Since I've become a quilter...I've learned to quilt for stress reduction.

Since I've become a quilter, I learned it's ok to have more than one sewing machine ( though I still don't have a long arm).

Since I've become a quilter, I discovered a hobby that childern can love and take part in no matter how old they are.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast