Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 160 Question

Angry Singer 160 Question

I have a Singer Anniversary Edition 160. It did not come with a free motion foot. Does anyone know which singer foot will work? I have tried two other feet and they don't fit right. I have 112 spools of beautiful thread that will only work in the Singer since my Babylock "chews" it up. I even checked the Singer web site and got the message " check with a dealer" Arrrggg..any help is much appreciated!

sap
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk829 View Post
    I have a Singer Anniversary Edition 160. It did not come with a free motion foot. Does anyone know which singer foot will work? I have tried two other feet and they don't fit right. I have 112 spools of beautiful thread that will only work in the Singer since my Babylock "chews" it up. I even checked the Singer web site and got the message " check with a dealer" Arrrggg..any help is much appreciated!
    your dealer would probably have the correct FM foot in stock. or nancy's notions has generic feet in her catalog, u call her n talk to someone that will try to help u.

That's frustrating!

I remember buying a"Big Foot" to use on my older Snger. Available at Joanne's.

I ended up taking the machine into a shop and trying on the feet. The tech said they are all generic now and you just have to try them out. That doesn't seem right to me but I ended up with a foot that works so I'm happy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk829 View Post
    The Singer 160 did not come with a walking foot either. I noticed that the connecting cords on the 160 is the same as my Brother CS6000i and figured that maybe the feed would work also and they do. I haven't tried the FMQ Brother foot on the Singer 160 but would imagine that it would work just fine. I don't know if all Brother feet will work on the Singer160 or not.