Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Singer 185 info please

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    I bought one a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to do more than wipe it off and sew a few seams. The machine was very clean, so I didn't have to do much cleaning. The case was pretty dirty, but it was in good shape.

The machine makes a very nice stitch, and it doesn't make a lot of noise. I think this is a nice machine, and I can't wait to break it in.

I haven't found a free manual yet. If anyone knows where I can find one, please point me in the right direction.

Darren
    Here you go!

http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...0683e7eb6e.pdf

I love my little green Kermie! Its just my 99, only all dressed up in green overalls! I am partial, however to Billys Pretty in Pink model!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Deplaylady -

Thank you so much! I thought I had scoured the Singer site, and all the manuals I found on other sites were for purchase. I thought there was surely a freebie out there and I hated to pay $12 or $15 for one.

Your machine is in great shape. Mine looks hardly used also. I thought it was unusual that such an old machine was so pristine, but hopefully I'll break it in soon. I haven't posted pictures yet; I need to do that.

Thanks again!

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    I bought one a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to do more than wipe it off and sew a few seams. The machine was very clean, so I didn't have to do much cleaning. The case was pretty dirty, but it was in good shape.

The machine makes a very nice stitch, and it doesn't make a lot of noise. I think this is a nice machine, and I can't wait to break it in.

I haven't found a free manual yet. If anyone knows where I can find one, please point me in the right direction.

Darren

Google it, there are free threading and bobbin directions on the net:>

Here is a Singer 185K that I converted to hand crank a while back. We called it “Pistachio” because that’s the name of the paint color that I used to repaint the crank. It’s not an exact match, but was better than the original black.

We took it to a TOGA to play with it, and it ended up going home with another lady.

CD in Oklahoma

Pistachio the Singer 185K HC
    Name:  Attachment-263960.jpe
Views: 168
Size:  35.2 KB

Wow that would be an awesome gift for my daughter.... maybe in purple? Do you do that ?
    I have a Singer 185 and I love it! is so smooth yet fast ...this looks really cute! Irresistible for a girl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2