Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Singer 99

Can you drop the feed dogs on a Singer 99. I have one but I don't think you can. Thanks for any advise.

Blog Entries
    Not that I'm aware of...I know you can't on the older 99 models.

Blog Entries
    you'd have to cover the feed dogs

I've heard someone say that you can put like masking tape over feed dogs etc. I have a 99 that I just LOVE LOVE LOVE and I ask the same question. I have 5 machines and NONE will drop the feed dogs, 2 are Brothers, 2 are vintage Singers and one a vintage Kenmore.

Quote Originally Posted by AngieS
    I've heard someone say that you can put like masking tape over feed dogs etc. I have a 99 that I just LOVE LOVE LOVE and I ask the same question. I have 5 machines and NONE will drop the feed dogs, 2 are Brothers, 2 are vintage Singers and one a vintage Kenmore.
    Oh thank you all so much for replying. I never thought of the masking tape. Thanks for the advise. :thumbup:

I hope that works. I've not tried it but that's what my lady at the shop told me. ;)

I haven't heard of masking tape. But you can use an old credit card or piece of slick plastic taped over the feed dogs. Just make a hole for the needle to go through.

Thanks, I'm from Kentucky also. Don't you love this message board. I learn something new everyday. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Find an old buttonholer, they almost always come with a cover for the feeddogs that screws down over it, I can usually find them at thrift stores or antique malls for pretty cheap.

You can also tape a 3 x 5 filing card over them, I've heard, but not tied it myself.

masking tape probably wont work that well-because the feed dogs move back and forth---and it will just tear- work off-
    you could tape a file card- or credit card (one of those free-b's that come in the mail ---over them- or you can purchase a silicone slider to use over them- but i would think a file box card would work fairly well- much better than just tape-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast