Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Singer Bargain

Blog Entries
    Lucky you! What a find.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Post a pic for us!

I have to agree with Candace. People can ask whatever they want for a machine, but it doesn't mean anyone will pay for it. There are VERY few machines out there worth $500, let alone $1100.00.

A machine made in 1931? Doubtful. You most likely do have a desirable machine if it's in perfect condition...what's the serial number on it?
    My bubble isn't burst about the machine not worth the e-bay price. I know nothing is valuable until there is a buyer for the price. But, I like my find and to me it is worth a lot just to have one that is rare. Price is but a number.
    As for the serial number it is - AD439095 Series 15-30.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritacarl
    Post a pic for us!

I have to agree with Candace. People can ask whatever they want for a machine, but it doesn't mean anyone will pay for it. There are VERY few machines out there worth $500, let alone $1100.00.

A machine made in 1931? Doubtful. You most likely do have a desirable machine if it's in perfect condition...what's the serial number on it?
    My bubble isn't burst about the machine not worth the e-bay price. I know nothing is valuable until there is a buyer for the price. But, I like my find and to me it is worth a lot just to have one that is rare. Price is but a number.
    :) GREAT attitude! And besides...to you, it's priceless...right? ;) (I know ALL of mine are...well...with a couple of exceptions!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald46
    Lots of good info here on older machines http://www.ismacs.net/home.html
    Ismacs wants $40 for an appraisle. Not happening.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritacarl
    Post a pic for us!

:) GREAT attitude! And besides...to you, it's priceless...right? ;) (I know ALL of mine are...well...with a couple of exceptions!)
    Thanks!!!!

I love my 15 for fmq - and would love to find a treadle - even just the base - but they are very few and far between here, and not very reasonable to ship. Certainly worth more than $1 -- as far as actual value it is very subjective. Machines that people find at goodwill and yard sales for next to nothing other places are rarely seen here, so are much more valuable locally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2