Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Singer Model 15K

  1. #1
    Super Member mom-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,720
    When I looked up the info on the treadle machine I got earlier in the summer the website said model 15K from factory in Scotland 10,000 in that run in December 1947. I'm wanting to get a manual for it and don't know which model 15 manual to order. They list 15-88, 15-89, 15-90, 15-91 and 15-30 as the possibilities.
    How do I know which one to get?

  2. #2
    Super Member virtualbernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,589
    Blog Entries
    3
    I believe they all use the same manual. At least my 15-86 treadle and 15-91 does.

  3. #3
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central CA - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,068
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    I believe they all use the same manual. At least my 15-86 treadle and 15-91 does.
    That's exactly right. There were only slight differences between the 15 models....little features added, portables, in cabinets, etc. That's what the extra -91 -86 numbers signified.

  4. #4
    Super Member cabbagepatchkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-6
    I'm wanting to get a manual for it and don't know which model 15 manual to order. They list 15-88, 15-89, 15-90, 15-91 and 15-30 as the possibilities.
    How do I know which one to get?
    This article, with pictures, might help you narrow down which 15 you have. This guy's blog is Awesome :thumbup: :

    http://vssmb.blogspot.com/2011/07/vi...s_28.html#more

  5. #5
    Super Member mom-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,720
    Thanks all! I was especially wanting the manual for info on replacing the missing belt and anything I might need to know about a treadle machine that is different from one with a motor.

  6. #6
    Super Member thepolyparrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,027
    The free downloadable manual on the Singer site is for a treadled model 15-30. :)

    http://www.singerco.com/uploads/download/34_sm15.pdf

    I believe that your machine may have some upgrades - the 15-30 might not have had the reverse stitch or droppable feed dogs. Everything else should be pretty much the same. :)

  7. #7
    Super Member vivoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Beaver PA USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-6
    I'm wanting to get a manual for it and don't know which model 15 manual to order. They list 15-88, 15-89, 15-90, 15-91 and 15-30 as the possibilities.
    How do I know which one to get?
    This article, with pictures, might help you narrow down which 15 you have. This guy's blog is Awesome :thumbup: :

    http://vssmb.blogspot.com/2011/07/vi...s_28.html#more
    Thanks for that link! Very interesting!

  8. #8
    Senior Member 1000projects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Carmel Indiana
    Posts
    458
    I love my 15-91. Have i posted that yet today?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.