Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer Rotary Blades

Power Poster

Singer Rotary Blades

I usually buy the Olfa replacement blades for my rotary cutter. Even with a 50% coupon at Michael's, they are about $7 each. I have picked up a package of 6 45mm blades made by Singer off the clearance at Walmart. The package was $10, so a little less than $2 a blade. I wasn't sure if they would fit but they do and I am pleased to have a good blade supply for a while. Even if they only last half as long as the Olfa blades, they are still a good buy.

I didn't even know Singer made blades. I have never seen them at my WM. But, good for you. Hope they work.

Blades add up! I recently tried out a blade sharpener, but I don't believe it works, so I will be returning it.

Meanwhile, while searching for something else on this board, I came across this website for exchanging rotary cutting blades:

http://www.lpsharp.com/3.html

Someone had posted about using them I believe. You can exchange your old blades for new Olfa blades for $3 each I think. There are other options as well.

I am thinking I want to try them out!
    Dawn

You can get a good deal on "generic" rotary blades at JHittle wholesale...they are way less than $2.00 each when you get them in bulk...and I'm pleased with the quality.
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
    I didn't even know Singer made blades. I have never seen them at my WM. But, good for you. Hope they work.
    I was in one of the larger Joann's today and noticed that they have a growing line of Singer branded notions. They say something else on them along with the Singer logo but I can't remember what now. I don't specifically remember seeing rotary blades but I do know it was an entire end cap display with all types of notions.
    Beverly