Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Sewing Machines..... >

Singer Sewing Machines.....

Singer Sewing Machines.....

Old 09-06-2011, 09:43 PM

I think the fact that machines like the Feather Weights are so acurate and will stand up to the abuse of packing around to classes etc. make them a great partner for quilters. Most of us who have older machines like them for those reasons. My husband has now been smitten by the beauty of the older machines and currently we have 4 FW (he's restoring two of them) a Singer Fiddle Base, a childs teaching Singer, a white, a Wilcox & Wilson, a New Home, a Pfaff and a couple others. We've been able to purchase a display case and display them along with various acessories at Boardwalk Quilt Shop in Long Beach, WA. What a kick.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by pattym47
I think the fact that machines like the Feather Weights are so acurate and will stand up to the abuse of packing around to classes etc. make them a great partner for quilters. Most of us who have older machines like them for those reasons. My husband has now been smitten by the beauty of the older machines and currently we have 4 FW (he's restoring two of them) a Singer Fiddle Base, a childs teaching Singer, a white, a Wilcox & Wilson, a New Home, a Pfaff and a couple others. We've been able to purchase a display case and display them along with various acessories at Boardwalk Quilt Shop in Long Beach, WA. What a kick.
Post a picture of your display please!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 AM

Thank you! I do have the Model # and looked at the manual
Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 PM

I love my old Singer machines. They don't complain or ask if I really have to sew that today. I have 4 Singer treadles 66,201,
15-90 and 237. Even if the power were to go out I can still sew, I've done it several times. Once we were having a severe thunderstorm and the power went out(it was daytime) and I didn't know it had gone out until my Ottlite went out. I just dragged the machine over to the window and kept on sewing. :-D
4 Featherweights,a black 301,99k hand crank.
All of my machines get used, the treadles more often. I like the older machines as I can do all the servicing myself.
I have a few newer machines too. Pfaff 1222E,2040,Bernina 1031,HV Sapphire 875.