Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sister to the "crock pot cozie"

You might think this a little crazy,,,, but i made something very similar to the CPC, for my kitchen stools!! My DH was thinking he didn't want to get the wrought iron ones cause they would scratch the ---- out of the floor ;)
    soooooooooo.. i came up with what i call "Bar Stool Booties" :lol:
    circles (around 6") 2 fabric 1 batting... stitch and flip... edge stitch...turn bar stool over... center over the foot... then use a rubber band (med strength and if you can find a color to match all he better)... wrap around several times!!! WALA!!! they slide great... DH was very impressed (he's usually the one to come up with ideas... but i'm the "creative mind" :lol: )
    A couple of my friends here have made some and think i'm a genius!!!

Blog Entries
    Great idea! My vinyle flooring is ruined from the scratches that are actually cut into the backing .From wrought iron bar stools. We even bought those rubber chair cups that fit over the legs and eventually the iron cut right through . Prior to those, I used plastic bottle caps. I love my wrought iron stools, but when this floor gets replaced, I'm going back to wood!

Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    Great idea! My vinyle flooring is ruined from the scratches that are actually cut into the backing .From wrought iron bar stools. We even bought those rubber chair cups that fit over the legs and eventually the iron cut right through . Prior to those, I used plastic bottle caps. I love my wrought iron stools, but when this floor gets replaced, I'm going back to wood!
    What about wood caps painted to match the stool, the legs shouldnt wear through them. All you would need to do is drill the hole .

put it this way..... we tried ALL the other options... and they would fall off, wobble.. and these booties... just glide right along... and what a conversation piece... LOL
    ie...."what are those things on your stools"..... "booties" says me.... ya' gotta know my humor.... and on from there!!!

Blog Entries
    Very clever idea :D:D:D

how neat