Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sizzix Big Shot Pro and Big Shot Pro Westminster >

Sizzix Big Shot Pro and Big Shot Pro Westminster

Sizzix Big Shot Pro and Big Shot Pro Westminster

Old 12-23-2010, 08:50 PM

I have used the Sizzix products in scrapbooking for years and years. The company is wonderful for its products and for its service. The quilting sizzix is now being advertised in quilting magazines, so I'll bet the marketing strategy may have been to let "GO" blaze the trail and test the waters before jumping into the market. Personally, I'd stay with sizzix because I'd be able to use all my dies that I already have - BONUS! (there are also sizzlits dies but I don't think they'd be as good on fabric because they are so thin.
You can usually find the dies on eBay cheap.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:57 AM

I am corresponding with Patrice and I couldn't even send her the link via PM. Had to do some creative typing to make it go thru! Will let you all know what the verdict is.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I am corresponding with Patrice ...
Patrice is stumped. Since Admin has already been notified (see a few posts above this one) then it either will be fixed or can't be fixed.

computers ... interessssssssting ... :lol:
Old 12-24-2010, 08:08 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
I am corresponding with Patrice ...
Patrice is stumped. Since Admin has already been notified (see a few posts above this one) then it either will be fixed or can't be fixed.

computers ... interessssssssting ... :lol:
I did try the link on another board just to see if it worked, and it went through. But they used another hosting service.
I actually buy Admin's explanation of the site address somehow getting on a "filter" list. Makes perfect sense to me. And my guess is that those lists are external to QB. Sort of like those used in direct mail.

I'm just glad to know it wasn't something stupid I did. :D
Old 12-24-2010, 08:20 AM

So, it is not that Admin doesn't want us posting the link? And it okay to spell it out?! It's a great blog and website and her prices are good. I got my EQ 7 from her and it was by far, the best price I could find. :) Not affiliated, just a happy customer.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 AM
MTS
Banned

So, it is not that Admin doesn't want us posting the link? And it okay to spell it out?! It's a great blog and website and her prices are good. I got my EQ 7 from her and it was by far, the best price I could find. :) Not affiliated, just a happy customer.
Not to take the thread further OT, but I'm still pissed at myself for not taking advantage of her pre-launch EQ7 special. Oh, well.

This is Admin's response:
Most likely that url was added to a filter because either the owner or some user started spamming it around.

My money's on some user, probably not realizing what they were doing.

But THIS board is not intentionally blocking Kelly's site. So just parse it out like I did with some spaces.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:47 AM

While I don't know about the Sizzix, I do know about the accuquilt. I have problems with the price of it and then of the dies.

I love my Alto's QuickCut 2. It isn't a die cutting machine by an aid for cutting and is well worth the price. You might want to look it up.

ali
Old 12-24-2010, 09:10 AM

I can't afford either one, but if I were to buy one, it would be the new Sizzix Vagabond. Around $250 w/o dies, but you don't have to hand crank it, just push a button!

I wouldn't be interested in the strip or block cutter dies, but the applique dies would sure come in handy!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:19 AM
MTS
Banned

I can't afford either one, but if I were to buy one, it would be the new Sizzix Vagabond. Around $250 w/o dies, but you don't have to hand crank it, just push a button!

I wouldn't be interested in the strip or block cutter dies, but the applique dies would sure come in handy!
EXACTLY! I've seen people use the AccuCutfor squares and strips. But for me, it looks like it takes more prep time. . Not faster. Or more efficient in fabric usage than useing a rotary cutter. But that's just me.

So I'm looking forward to the Vagabond to cut motifs - flowers, etc, that I don't have the patience to hand cut.

I think Sizzix offers the capability to make "custom" dies...you send in a drawing and they'll make the die. Not cheap, but when I'm looking making at 700 freaking flowers WITH fusible attached..it's worth it. And I'm pretty sure I could easily resell the die once I'm done with it, and recoup some of that initial investment.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by MTS

EXACTLY! I've seen people use the AccuCutfor squares and strips. But for me, it looks like it takes more prep time. . Not faster. Or more efficient in fabric usage than useing a rotary cutter. But that's just me.

So I'm looking forward to the Vagabond to cut motifs - flowers, etc, that I don't have the patience to hand cut.

I think Sizzix offers the capability to make "custom" dies...you send in a drawing and they'll make the die. Not cheap, but when I'm looking making at 700 freaking flowers WITH fusible attached..it's worth it. And I'm pretty sure I could easily resell the die once I'm done with it, and recoup some of that initial investment.

I sort of agree with the prep time comment for the GO. Because the width of the dies are so much smaller than the Studio. But, with the Studio there's no prep time. With the Giant strip dies they're big enough for WOF and you can either use yardage or unroll a bolt onto the die and cut 10 layers. Simple and easy, peasy.