Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
SIZZIX cutting system >

SIZZIX cutting system

SIZZIX cutting system

Old 04-21-2016, 05:23 AM

Default SIZZIX cutting system

Hi everyone! Do you any of you use the SIZZIX cutting system? If so, what do you like and dislike about it?
Old 04-21-2016, 07:05 AM

I have the small one. The only thing I dislike is dies are expensive but I got the system with gift cards so I only have a few dies.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:09 AM

I have it and like it. I have the big shot pro and can use both sizzlx and accuquilt dies(with a shim).
Old 04-21-2016, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

I really like it and have many dies. I use the Big Shot Pro and like some one mentioned you can use many of the Go and Studio dies from accuquilt also except the very wide ones. I like the Sizzix dies better then the Accuquilt dies and overall they are cheaper. I almost bought the Accuquilt studio but for me I am glad I ended up with the Sizzix Big shot Pro. If you end up getting the Accuquilt Studio realize that many of the Studio dies are very heavy. Just incase you have physical limitations like back issues.

If you end up getting the Sizzix Big shot Pro be sure to order the quilter's version with the extended tray. It will be more expensive to buy the tray separate. This is the one I have. I think now they are white.
http://www.sizzix.com/657600/sizzix-...ed-accessories

Last edited by Annaquilts; 04-21-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

I have the one for scrap booking, i'm looking to sell it or get rid of it. For scrap booking , I liked it but it was pricy too.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I have the one for scrap booking, i'm looking to sell it or get rid of it. For scrap booking , I liked it but it was pricy too.
cant you use the fabric cutting dies on your cutter?
Old 04-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

All the die cut machines are great. If mine broke I would have another ordered in five minutes. My Accuquilt is just as important as my sewing machine and cost much less including with all the dies I want.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:12 AM

I love my Accquilt Studio. I had some Sizzix dies, but they didn't seem as well made as the Accuquilt ones. I had the Sizzix dies bend on me, while the Go dies I have didn't. I do prefer the Studio dies because they are heavier, but the Go dies are less expensive.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:07 PM

I have the Sizzix Big Shot Pro. I use both Sizzix dies and Accuquilt Go dies with it. I like the fact that I can use dies from any manufacturer that I want and because the Big Shot Pro is so large I can use really big dies if I want. I think that I can cut more layers of fabric at a time with the Sizzix dies than with the regular Accuquilt Go dies and my experience is that the Sizzix dies are easily as durable as the Accuquilt Go dies that I own. I do not own any of the Accuquilt dies that are made specifically for the Accuquilt Studio so I don't know how those compare with Sizzix.

The down side is that the Big Shot Pro takes up a lot of space and does not fold up like the Accuquilt Go machines. The Big Shot Pro is also fairly heavy if you need to move it.
Rob
Old 04-23-2016, 08:48 PM

Default Big Shot Pro

I have the big shot pro and love it. I use mostly sizzix dies but own several accuquilt and studio dies also. I started with a vagabond so I did not buy the extended tray because I can use my XL dies with that machine. I agree with onebyone I won't be without one. I use it for applique mostly but in my opinion the advantage of the sizzix over the accuquilt is it can cut metal, leather, grunge board, etc.

I bought the stand at Wal-Mart to leave it out all the time because it is heavy and I had the space and can store supplies in the cabinet. I purchase most of my dies on sale, December has the best deals but checking around on line deals can be found. Staples carries Sizzix dies and has decent prices. My best advice would be buy the book by Ebony Love for die cutting machines, fantastic information on a variety of machines and how to information. She explains how to run fabric grain through the machine and other helpful data to have successful cuts.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg