Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
SIZZIX - Did I make a mistake? >

SIZZIX - Did I make a mistake?

SIZZIX - Did I make a mistake?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 PM

I think I read that too, about the dies being slightly too wide. I've seen where some have sawn off the edges a bit.

eta: if you haven't already bought dies then sizzix would be the way to go. I've bought almost all of mine online.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:57 PM

I purchased my dies from Amazon or Abakhan. ( abakhan shop I think like Joanne's in UK)
Old 03-31-2014, 05:21 AM

Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful replies! First I am going to check the width of my machine so I know what it is for any future reference. Then I am going to check Missouri Quilt and Amazon for Sizzix Dies. I am also going to purchase one AccuQuilt die when I have a coupon and I will see if I can make it work on my machine. Thank you so much to the person who recommended craigslist. I'm not in Texas, but I will check my craigslist also. I really like my Sizzix machine and would like to use it for more as my increasing tremors make scissors problematic. I just have to figure out how to find everything I want at a good price, whether it be Sizzix or AccuQuilt. Thanks again!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:57 PM

Sizzix.com is having a 30% off sale today on orders over $40 (Tuesday april 1st). From the email:

It's time for another Tuesday Teaser! For Tuesday, April 1, 2014 only, take 30% off your entire Sizzix.com order of $40 or more. Discounts taken off regular price. Just enter coupon code SZ0401TT at checkout and save!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:22 AM

Default Sissix Dies

There is a Yahoo group called pinsandneedles1 where you can let her know which dies you are interested in and she can order them for you at a discounted price. I don't recall her name but once you join the group you will easily find several posts from her.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:19 AM

Hi, there Jusmom01
Go to youtube there are many tutorials on how to use the Sizzix Big Shot. There is one in particular where the Sizzix
Educator uses all type of dies. I looked at all youtube tutorials before I made a purchase and the Sizzix Big Shot was the best value since it uses everyone else dies.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:41 AM

I was in that yahoo group mentioned above. It's probably great as long as you aren't in a hurry. I placed an order and sent emails asking about it at around 4 weeks and 6 weeks. I never did the get order (didn't pay either). After it happened a few more times I gave up and left the group. I don't need any more dies anyway.

After shipping the cost was not any better than a sale w/ free shipping from sizzix.com.