Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sizzix / Westminster quilting dies q uestion

The dies made specifically for quilting - do they have the notches and the dog ears cut like Accuquilt dies? Do they also have the seam allowances figured in?

dont have any of the quilting dies yet so this is a good question

Blog Entries
    Wow! Am I out of it or what? I didn't know they were making quilting dies. I have used my regular dies for applique pieces, though.

Blog Entries
    Here is a link to the Sizzix Quilting site.
    http://www.sizzix.com/shop/sizzixquilting
    Select the die you are interested in. A larger image will appear, under the image there are 3 hot spot squares. The rightmost one will show you the exact outline of the blades. You can easily see notches and clipped corners. A quick look shows that the HST's have clipped corners, but the drunkard's path curved dies do not have the center notches for matching. I actually have been looking at this brand for the Drunkard's path dies. Accucut has them grouped together on a single die, which makes it hard to cut because you often want to cut the pie pieces all one color and the "L" shapes all the other. Sizziz DP dies are two separate dies.