Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slanted Stars quilt question

Has anyone ever reversed the dark / light color. Only ones I've seen have white centers. What do you think a dark center and white outer?? I have some beautiful plaids gifted me, and very little white. Was thinking of plaid centers and white outers??? What do you think??? Appreciate your feed back :)

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    Has anyone ever reversed the dark / light color. Only ones I've seen have white centers. What do you think a dark center and white outer?? I have some beautiful plaids gifted me, and very little white. Was thinking of plaid centers and white outers??? What do you think??? Appreciate your feed back :)
    Why not?

As is often said ... there's no rules in quilting!!!!
    Do what is right for you!!! :)

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    go with what YOU want... I think it would be strikingly pretty! Or even a cream background, or tan, if the plaids are like homespuns? Give a little more "country" feel ... no quilt police allowed near my house, I don't follow the normal guidelines ever! LOL

Thanks gals.... I really am thinking of trying this.. Just have never seen one yet. oh well, I've always been a little different. :)

Well you could make one or two and see what they look like. If you like it , then go for it.

Blog Entries
    Here is one by Bonnie Hunter where the whole star is made with shirt tail (darker) fabric.

http://quiltville.com/smokeymtstarspf.html

Quote Originally Posted by PWinston
    Here is one by Bonnie Hunter where the whole star is made with shirt tail (darker) fabric.

Bonnie's smokey stars pattern is an excellent answer to your question. I love it and made it in blues and browns for the stars and creamy background for my cousin Toni and she loves it. Thinking of making one again for my granddaugter who recently got engaged. May in Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by PWinston

Great TUT...thank you !!

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I have seen one in "opposite" colors and honestly liked it better than the standard version.

you girls thank you so VERY much. I don't know why I didn't think of Bonnie lol... I do like the darks in center better and I like her lay out better than just the white with dark corners. wahoooo mountain dew... I love it... My plaids will be perfect. YEA !!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU and THANK YOU :) :) :) with (((hugs)) lol :)give me color , give me color oh if I only had lots of brights to spruce up the plaids will for sure have to dig hahaha... :) :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast