Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: slashed flannel quilt

I made a 5 layer slashed flannel quilt. When I washed it I got tons of lint all over the back(unslashed) of the quilt. My sister said I should have alternated the flannel layers at 90 degrees. Any tips? This is the first time I have tried thisl. I've gone thru 2 lint rollers trying to clean it up. The quilt looks like it's made of old flannel now.

What is a slashed flannel?

Are you talking about a rag quilt where you sew 1 inch away from seams and then cut and the flannel ravells ?I made rag quilts and used two layers of flannel with cotton batting in middle and I also had alot of lint but that is because youcut the fibes and you want it to be soft and the more you wash it
    the softer it will become I did Dinosaur rag quilts and the boys and they love them .

Are you talking about a rag quilt where you sew 1 inch away from seams and then cut and the flannel ravells ?I made rag quilts and used two layers of flannel with cotton batting in middle and I also had alot of lint but that is because youcut the fibes and you want it to be soft and the more you wash it
    the softer it will become I did Dinosaur rag quilts and the boys and they love them .

I made one of those quilts. When I had washed it, it looked like a used quilt and I didn't want to give it away.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I don't know what you mean. I haven't seen anything like this.

Blog Entries
    Do you mean a chenille blanket with slashes every 1" or so
    Picture please.

If you are talking about the chenille blankets I have seen those. They are sooooo cute and warm.

Could it just be that you had cheap flannel? I have never heard of turning it 90 degrees?

Blog Entries
    To make chenille, you need to cut it on the bias, if you don't, you just get a raggedy look. :D:D:D

Yes, please post a pic, would like a better idea, I'm confused what slashed is, sounds like a horror movie!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast