Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sleeve for hanging....

I'm looking for information or instructions on putting a sleeve on a quilt using the backing as you get to the top of the quilt. I saw a demo of this method awhile back, but I did not understand all of the steps. If anyone could tell me where I might find it or who does this type of sleeve, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks, Pam

Pam-PM me and give me your email address, I have instructions for making them, but don't know what site I got them from, I do have them saved on my computer and will email them to you later on today, after hubby wakes up. I'm pretty computer illiterate.

Blog Entries
    My mother always told me I took the path of least resistance! With that in mind--I have made pinable/portable sleeves for my wall hangings.
    Take a piece of fabric say 5" x 8" or whatever length you want. Serge finish (or clean finish) the 5 inch ends. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise and serge (or sew together) RST. Safety( or straight) pin these horizontally to the top on the outer edges and middle on the back side of the quilt so that the pins don't show to the front. You may have to adjust the pins. For a 30 inch quilt I would use 3 of these hanging tabs. Makes my little table mats wall hangings and vice a versa.