Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Slotted ruler >

Slotted ruler

Slotted ruler

Old 08-08-2011, 06:57 PM

I picked one up at Walmart a couple years ago. Love it! Use it all the time.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by winterpromise31
I really like the idea of this ruler but have a question... I've read on the boards here and a few blogs that it's best to use the same brand of rulers through the entire project to guarantee the same accurate measurements from start to finish. Will using this ruler for strip piecing at the beginning throw off the entire project if you own a different brand of rulers?

I would love to fix my problem of wavy strips! That's my biggest frustration in quilting right now, my inability to cut straight strips. lol
I'm not sure because I'm still new to quilting, but I think wavy strips is due to the fabric being folded wrong, like at an angle. Or trying to cut too many layers. I'm not sure...
Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 PM

What a neat tool that I haven't seen before. Thanks for posting the information and video! I'm definitely going to have to get this on my next trip to Joann's or LQS.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:34 AM

Got one of June Tailors at my wal-mart on close out last one they had for $13 yesterday and tried it on some odd material I have and I cut straight strips for once. I am happy I have a real hard time cutting straight strips!!! I even tried a square with it and it came out prefect !!! Thank you ever so much for this post. Helped me out a lot was thinking of giving up.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Becky Mc
Got one of June Tailors at my wal-mart on close out last one they had for $13 yesterday and tried it on some odd material I have and I cut straight strips for once. I am happy I have a real hard time cutting straight strips!!! I even tried a square with it and it came out prefect !!! Thank you ever so much for this post. Helped me out a lot was thinking of giving up.
Awww I'm so glad you're not giving up!! It's hard to work so hard on something and not be successful. Happy for you!!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:27 PM

I have 2 and wonder why I haven't worn the bigger one out by now. I don't user the quarter inch one much either, need to be longer.
I do love it, got mine at JoAnns too. Maybe 10 years ago for the bigger one. It cuts 12" lengths of folded fabric.