Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: small vacuums?

Does anyone have a stick vac or a handheld that they like? I would like a small one dedicated to clean up threads and schnizzles in my sewing area as the big vacuum we have is hard to maneuver in my small area and then the threads get caught in the beaterbar. It would be nice for cleaning off the desk surfaces too.

I would love to hear if anyone has something they like using.

Blog Entries
    I have one and I like it for small jobs. It is basically a dust buster on a handle. As a matter of fact, it can come off to use as a dust buster and to empty it. Mine is made by Electrolux and sits in a stand up charger. You would probably like it for your small space. It is handy for kitchen crumbs, too.

I have a datavac that is really small - I use it to clean my machine. It is originally for computers. But I like it.

I have a small "computer" keyboard one...no name brand..been using it for years.

I have a cordless Shark. I just love it. I am on my second one. I did purchase a Electrolux cordless and ended up taking it back and getting another Shark. I have to cut the threads off of the brushes about once a month but it isn't that hard to do. I have carpet in the sewing room so I do need a vacumm.

I have a hand held Dirt Devil that I got at Bed Bath and Beyond for 19.99. It sorta works for the keyboard, computer, but not strong enough to pick up all the mess.
    I would never buy one like it again. i would go for something with a little more power.
    Syl

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    I have a cordless Shark. I just love it. I am on my second one. I did purchase a Electrolux cordless and ended up taking it back and getting another Shark. I have to cut the threads off of the brushes about once a month but it isn't that hard to do. I have carpet in the sewing room so I do need a vacumm.
    I use the Shark too and love it :lol:

Blog Entries
    I have a Dirt Devil which does an awesome job and it is a stick vacuum. i also have a Mini Shop Vac with tiny attachments that work for the computer as well as my sewing room strings, etc. They both make clean up a breeze.

I have a portable Oreck with all the small attachments for cleaning the computer and my sewing machines, as well as all the threads, etc from the floor. It works very well, have had it for years.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had one, it died and when I went last week to find another one, I hard a very hard time...and when I did finally find a small one, they wanted $60 for it...WTH?? not in this life time.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast