Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Smartphone are useful for quilters! >

Smartphone are useful for quilters!

Smartphone are useful for quilters!

Old 05-05-2015, 11:24 AM

And when you've found all those fabrics in the store but aren't sure of the color value, the black and white picture feature sure is handy! One time I made a triple rail lap size and took a picture of the top. One of the blocks was turned wrong but I could NOT see it just looking at it but it was so blatantly obvious in the picture! Luckily I took the picture before even basting it together. I downloaded the Wal-Mart app which has a built in shopping list I find invaluable. Just tap on the item to check it off as you go. Also lets you know if it is in stock at the store you're going to. It has really come in handy too when I'm at Hancock or Hobby Lobby and need a coupon! Now if we could just get a JoAnn's within 50 miles I'd be a happy camper.....
Old 05-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Welcome Dee!!!

Someday, when you have not much going on, google the topic of smart fabrics... You've only just begun.... Enjoy! I enjoy looking at FMQing designs in my photos I take when I am about to start to begin quilting.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:10 PM

I use mine to take pics of the quilting on my longarm. Nothing worse than getting to the bottom of the quilt and forgetting what you quilted on the top border!
Old 05-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

great to know. I still have an old fashioned one I got for $5 at Radio shack. if I get a new one, i'll have to relearn it all over again. but...thanks for the tip for when I get in the proper century.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 PM

WOW!!!! So many ideas!!! Gotta go get the apps.......and considering we went 30 miles to a grocery store today and had forgotten the list, I can guarantee you I'll be using it for my grocery list!!

AW yes, the coupons...I've been getting the Joann's coupons... 60% off on Minky the other day!!! YAY!
Old 05-05-2015, 11:15 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who takes photos of my blocks before I start sewing. Always helps to make sure I don't get them mixed up or turned around!
Old 05-06-2015, 03:31 AM

I still have a "old-fashioned" flip phone, carry it only in case of an emergency. Just have to remember to keep it charged.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:35 AM

I use my smartphone all the time and on rare occasions I even make or receive a phone call with it.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Esmerelde View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who takes photos of my blocks before I start sewing. Always helps to make sure I don't get them mixed up or turned around!
That was me until last Xmas. I got a Moto G Ext through Consumer Cellular. My monthly bill is less than I paid TMobile. It is now $18.43 and I can now take pictures and e-mail them to home computer. I wanted to be able to take pictures of an accident, something I wanted to buy, etc. I can also see my Verizon e-mail, which is a good back up.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

Great idea. I also downloaded several quilt apps