Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snail's Trail Quilt

All you "talented" Ladies & Gentleman that posted the Snail's trail pattern I have decided to give it a whirl :) When the directions were posted a "cute" comment was made..."Are you dizzy yet"....THAT I AM and also somewhat confused how it goes together. However my questions is do I continue with making this SAME BLOCK AS IN DIRECTION for as many as I need to size for a king size quilt then lay it out for the pattern? Sure hope my question ((is not dizzy)) ((and answers I get back)) will not make me more "Dizzy" than I already am with looking at these finished blocks? :roll:

Blog Entries
    I just went and looked at a bunch of quilts and they all seem to be set the same way...

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl...US244&tbs=isch:1&q=snail+trail+quilt+images&sa=N&start=20&ndsp=20

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I just went and looked at a bunch of quilts and they all seem to be set the same way...

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl...US244&tbs=isch:1&q=snail+trail+quilt+images&sa=N&start=20&ndsp=20
    Thanks amma ( Just a quick note to say you are one talented lady have read alot of your comments) I have looked at the link you have sent me and "yes" I am going with the same block in making and I just hope these (the) blocks I have made will end up giving me a pattern when I am done. Hope to post when finished.

Definitely post when finished. We want to see.

Had to "smile" when I seen your posting "quilting is my therapy" as I am going to need "therapy" for my dizzness" of making this quilt. Yes, I will post a picture when I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    Definitely post when finished. We want to see.

Looking forward to seeing this....

Can't wait to see.

Banned
    I am about halfway finished with the blocks for my "Snails Trail" quilt and let me tell you it is a fun block to make!! Definitely not for the weary because of the repetition but its a fun one to do.

Thanks to a member noticing the difference between my block and the one on the pattern I have to add another row of trail to make it work out right. But my blocks measure 16" after everything is said and done.

Oh and the one thing that makes it take so long to do is squaring after every "row" added. So I square each block 6 times before it is finished. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by amma

I looked at this and fell in love with the stars snail trail!!!I have never seen it before...Now I have to find the pattern!!

Ditter

The Snail's Trail Pattern I choice to use was one of "Block of the Month" It reads ....May 2003's block is the "Snail's Trail" and yes I found that I had to square (or true) each piece as I sewed. However, is goes together real easy and fast. Just somewhat "Dizzy" trying to figure out how each block sews together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I am about halfway finished with the blocks for my "Snails Trail" quilt and let me tell you it is a fun block to make!! Definitely not for the weary because of the repetition but its a fun one to do.

Thanks to a member noticing the difference between my block and the one on the pattern I have to add another row of trail to make it work out right. But my blocks measure 16" after everything is said and done.

Oh and the one thing that makes it take so long to do is squaring after every "row" added. So I square each block 6 times before it is finished. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Billy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast