Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Snap bag

I made a snap bag-you know the bag with the metal tape measure in it? Well it was cute as could be and did snap- the tape measure was in the right way, BUT if you turned it over there was still enough space for things to fall out-I had to put a Velcro closure on it to keep it together! Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    I use 1 inch metal tape.

I'm planning to remake the one I made in class with heat set Velcro. Haven't used this product before but bought a little package on sale and thought it was worth a shot. I couldn't stand the snap of the tape measure. I guess it reminds me of when I was a newby teacher and the kids were wearing snap bracelets. They drove me crazy then too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lots2do
    I'm planning to remake the one I made in class with heat set Velcro. Haven't used this product before but bought a little package on sale and thought it was worth a shot. I couldn't stand the snap of the tape measure. I guess it reminds me of when I was a newby teacher and the kids were wearing snap bracelets. They drove me crazy then too.
    If you put the tape in this way () you won't hear the snap, put it in this way )( you hear the snap...

Huh, didn't know that. Will have to try again.
    Thanks, Linda!

Blog Entries
    I had the same problem at the corners! So I posted a tutorial which (for me) successfully prevents that problem:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-74490-1.htm

I hope it will be of some help.

i hadn't worked with the press on velcro before. then i used it to add pockets to a fabric purse for vacation. didn't work out. the velcro kept pulling off and was just a mess.